Wow, Christmas is just around the corner! I’ve not exactly done very much Christmas-y cooking this December, because sometimes
work life has a funny way to sneak up on you.
However, before it’s almost time to make yet another set of resolution, I need to fullfil my last resolution of 2011, and that is… to launch MyOrangePot.com!
So, Everyone, welcome to my food and travel blog! I hope you enjoy the site. Please leave a message if you can. I would LOVE to hear from you!
In the spirit of celebrating the holidays coming up and of course Christmas party at Ippei+Janine’s, I made a batch of brownie and glamed it up for the special occasion!
Basic Brownies recipe can be found in one of the earlier post. Below is recipe for the glamed up ganache.
So, here’s to you…
Welcome to MyOrangePot.com!
Wish your Christmas be filled with peace and love!
Happy New Year!
Glamed up chocolate ganache
125ml heavy cream
150 gram Callebaut couverture dark chocolate
1tsp unsalted butter
1 small pack of glittery silver sugar
- In a heavy-bottomed non-stick pan, heat cream, chocolate, butter together until it just boils. Add vanilla.
- Remove from heat immediately. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and thickens
- Let sit for a minute, so the mixture is still runny, but not too hot that it will drip hopelessly
- Drop the ganache mixture on the cooked brownie
- Ice it evenly
- Sprinkle the glittery sugar on top of the ganache (while it’s still soft)
- Let sit until it sets